Commercial Wisdom



I often watch television, mostly sports. For years now, I have noticed how much the language of spirituality has crept into commercials for many different products. I had compiled a list when I first started noticing this phenomenon. Alas I don’t remember what I’d labeled the list and will not now search for it; simply because a fresh one has caught my eye. I now quote a part of that fresh new look at the wisdom hidden with my latest commercial.

 “…I am the end of your search… when you dream, you are dreaming of me…” from a car commercial as seen on TV.

When I think of spiritual activity within the affairs of humans one of the first words that comes to mind is Search. Some people aspiring to discover their connection to their innate divinity describe themselves as seekers; they are engaged in a search. The ultimate find in this search is a path that leads to intimate contact with the Divine within themselves. This culmination is the ‘of me’ part of the commercial.

“When you dream, you are dreaming of me.” The dream spoken of can be thought to be the yearning in every heart is for sustained contact with the Divine. Isn’t it grand that this yearning is identified and clarified as the divine self within each and every one of us. 

Whenever I see these snippets of wisdom during the course of a game I am watching; I am reminded of my purpose for being on the planet. Whatever the outcome of the game, whether my team wins or loses; I am uplifted by any commercial containing a pearl of wisdom.

The teachings are everywhere if we would only look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

Respite

What The MRI Revealed