G.O.D.



I have been thinking about God and how intimate God wants to be in the life of every individual. We all seem to want a relationship which is so intimate every nuance of our lives can be revealed, to that other, without shame, guilt, apology or regret. Yet seldom do we seem to get all we want from another human being. It is because no human being is capable of being that intimate with another human being without first being that intimate with the Creator God. The unconditional acceptance we are seeking comes from the Force which created us and knows us as we really are.   

There was a survey done of professionals people with large incomes and much education. The survey revealed that a large percentage of them was afraid they would be found out to be frauds. In spite of the many degrees they held, they still continued to feel they were not quite worthy of the positions they held in society. Every time I feel a little insecure about doing something, I remember that survey and know those looking on have their own feelings of insecurity. The reason feelings of insecurity are so pervasive in the human psyche, is because we think we have missed the mark of who and what we are supposed to be. We have done something, in our near or distant past, which stands between ourselves and the ultimate perfection we know deep within ourselves we can express. 

In some religion, it is taught that we are truly unworthy and a wonderful god has seen it fit to redeem us from this original state of unworthiness. This good god will one day make us kings and priests. This brings satisfaction to some.  But for the life of me it does not ring true. How can one who is perfect, and that is not a static state but and organic unfolding process, create beings like Itself, beings that are somehow flawed?  It fails to satisfy the evidence I see all around me.  

 A master carpenter does not build a house that is lean and unsound. Nor does a skilled surgeon use the scalpel to maim patients. Well if humans ,who are supposed to be flawed, can, and do, perform work which is well nigh perfect, how can the Creator of these same humans have created them with imperfection. There are some who say that humans were created without any imperfection, but they choose to be disobedient to the edicts of the Creator, and created within themselves flaws, or was punished for their disobedience by being inflicted with the flaw of unworthiness. 

Which takes me right into my first thought about the intimate relationship I am having with this very Creator. I believe this was the purpose informing my creation. The seeking, I have been doing, to know and have intercourse with my Creator, comes from the Presence of the Creator within me.  Having created humanity and placed within them the ability to do and be like unto Itself, the Creator of the universe wants to be in conscious contact with that humanity. This union may not be forced, we would not be free will beings if it were. This union must be consummated from our end, as the other end of the union, namely the Creator’s, has already reached out to us and placed within us the mechanism to make this union possible.  And the intimacy we seek is merely a cry from the deepest portions of ourselves to complete that union.
 
I get to talking with God. I ask questions and fully expect to receive answers, and I do.  I present quandaries and they are solved. I have often times, in meditation or prayer, felt the very Presence of this Creator as arms enfolding me, or a safe and sturdy lap on which I sit and pour out the emotions that are in my heart. These are real experiences. They may have taken place within the confines of my imagination, but to me, they are extremely real. Often, my contact with the Great Creator of the Universe is more real than the "real" evidence I get from my contact with the world. The whole idea is to have this intimate contact as a continuous experience and not the occasional high it is now.   

For that I am striving.

For my free eBooks click this link: ceceliasmith.weebly.com/my-work.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed