The Love That Last




On my way to church this morning, the radio was tuned to public radio. As is usually the case on Sunday mornings they were re-broadcasting Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor said he was going to do a hymn. He sang one of my favorite hymns from my youth set to a rather jazzy beat. The familiar words brought me to a new and different place. I heard those words with ears honed by years of metaphysical study. I melted at the thought that the love which formed me will not let me go. Indeed cannot let me go as I am a part of what it is.


O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

George Matheson


 
This love created me for the joy of experiencing through me, and as me. I cannot ever be separated from this all pervading love. Neither can you my friend. We flow in this love as a stream in the ocean. We are distinct but never apart from this great ocean of love. The life of the ocean of the creative love is our life. The health of this universal ocean of love is our health. The abundance flowing within this love is ours to use and enjoy.




“I give you back the life I owe.” As I surrender to this grand ocean the life it has ordained for me to live, my days are richer, healthier, and more intense with an aliveness that sparkles with glory. Yes, a thousand yeses, I do give back my individual life to the grandeur of the totality of LIFE.


 
O Love that wilt not let me go; I am you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed