My Body




In order to remain on this planet I need the body; therefore, I give credence to everything it has to say. As with most earthlings, I tend to listen to my body only when it causes an uproar which interrupts what I am doing; in other words when it hurts. Every once in a while, I remember to give attention to my body aside from the normal feeding, washing and sheltering which are the basic minimum requirements for all human bodies. I maintain this for a few days and it responds with great joy and cooperation. Then, since everything seem to be going well, I lapse into forgetfulness, and my body travel along with the joyfulness for awhile only to erupt again from lack of attention.

I am indeed grateful for my body and how it perfectly performs most of the time. It has taken me wherever I wanted to go without protest. The feet hurt only when they are placed in uncomfortable shoes. It demands more rest than is considered normal; but that too is good. I often listen to its need for long periods of rest in order to recover. This body has been the most willing of servants to every whim I choose to pursue. It has also brought to my consciousness every pleasure I have had; since it holds the receptacles of perception, known as the five senses. It is a most noble instrument. The uncaring manner with which I have treated it at times will cease; it deserves the very best I can give

In conjunction will all living things, it thrives on attention and performs much better when it has an audience. Truth is, I have always been its audience; so I will give it all the accolades it deserves.

Thanks dear body for being so faithful, in spite of all I have put you through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed