Grace


 Grace comes on padded feet calling softly to our hearts to express her. It is our task to know when and where. Grace is needed and expose her loving garment to those who have crossed her path.

Yesterday on my way home from a doctor's visit I had one such opportunity. I did not eat before going to the doctor, so I was hungry. I asked the ever-gracious Miss Kat who has taken the task of taking me to my various doctor's visit, if we could stop at one of my favorite fast-food places. Naturally she agreed and we pulled into the drive through ordering point. I dithered a little and changed my choice a few times. I settled on the dish I love with iced tea as my beverage. On the short drive from the ordering and pick up, the lovely Miss Kat suggested not having ice in the tea as there was ice at home and I would have more tea.

At the pickup window we told the attendant of the choice not to have ice in the tea. Immediately it became obvious that she did not like all this dithering from the look she gave my Miss Kat. She grabbed the cup and slammed it down against the tea container before turning to get something else. She turned to face the open window and I saw her face, then grace stepped in. I leaned across Miss Kat and told the young attendant how beautiful she was.

Everything changed. She smiled a most enchanting smile.

Grace padded away to call someone else, that's what grace does.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goodness
Reminding
All to
Care for
Everyone

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed

Pulling a Jimmy Carter