Hypnogogic


 Hypnogogic, a word I learned long after I had been occupying that state almost nightly before knowing it had a name.

Once, I learned the word, and had the state described to me, I understood I had been spending many hours in it. Each visit I made expanded my ability to understand the vision I often had.

Hypnogogic consists of being awake and asleep at the same time. It is not as impossible as it sounds. We travel through the hypnogogic state every time we enter into sleep. However, for most of us the time spent within it is so brief we hardly notice. 

The trick to becoming fully human is to become conscious of our individual evolution. Being aware of our visits to the hypnogogic is among the states we experience.



The photo is me currently; the text is from my book Slices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed

Pulling a Jimmy Carter