Bits And Pieces of a Journey

 

 

In 1986 the company for which I worked shipped me to Miami Florida from Nashville Tennessee, a turn of good fortune as there was a Jamaican community there and lots of mango trees. I was not unhappy with the move. I found the New Thought community via the Unity Church led by the Reverend Goodison-Orr. I also found a wider New Age Community and continued my deepening Spiritual growth through both of these communities. In other words, I thieved while there and ended up spending the next fourteen years there. I made many friends in both of these communities.

Early in my Miami sojourn, I attended a group meeting with my newly found New Age friends. As is my wont, I pontificated on the topic of walking the path of spiritual unfoldment. After all I had read many books on the subject as well as attended many retreats and workshops. I knew a lot about that topic, or so I convinced myself at the time.

As I entered my stride in the pontification process, a kind gentleman entered the group surrounding me. He listened politely with a knowing smile on his face. When I paused between my flow of words, he asked how long I had been walking this path. At that it was a scant 10 or 11 years. His smile deepened, he tapped my forehead and then my heart. With his smile intact, he said " It Has To Drop."

Today I am very grateful for his loving words.  Every time I notice some of those teachings dropping, I widen into that same knowing smile.

Photo: Me after performing a wedding ceremony at a Quartus Retreat in Boerne Texas.


Comments

Ugie said…
I love reading your beautifully crafted words. You’re quite a prolific writer, my dear friend!❤️

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed

Pulling a Jimmy Carter