One of My Little Visions


Yesterday was the day for me to see the doctor at the infusion center where they monitor my ongoing progress with the challenges my body is handling since the return of the cancer, we had banished in 2014. However, the visit was very different this time, My skin encased Angel. the lovely Miss Kat who takes to my appointments and stays with me though the rigors had to change the routine we followed for these visits ever four weeks. She had an unexpected event, so she planned to leave for the time between the doctor and the infusion and return to take me home. A great plan and would have been perfect except my toothache got in the way. The tooth needed to be pulled and I needed an oncologist dentist to do that.  A referral was necessary, and the infusion had to be suspended until after the extraction because the medication given by way of the infusion could cause excessive bleeding. 

Infusion day usually starts with blood work, then the doctor consultation, then the infusion. That whole process is usually three or four hours. It was the gap between doctor and infusion that Miss kat had planned toto leave and attend the funeral of one of her friends. What happened instead was we both attended the funeral of her friend. The service was a traditional one held in the tradition of my childhood with very familiar songs.

It was during the singing of one of those songs, "His Eye is on the Sparrow", that I closed my eyes and had one of my little visions. In the vision, I clearly saw the lady for whom they were having the service. I did not know her, nor did I go up and look into the casket. In the vision she was laying wrapped in the arms of a very handsome man while they both reclined on an ornate divan. Surrounding them in the brightly lit room were several other people as though they were at a festive occasion.  Everyone was peaceful in the place where they were.

A sharp and clear vision which confirmed my enduring belief that life is eternal, and it is only the body that dies when we make our transition.

 My photo taken about 3/28/2023

Comments

What a lovely vision! But we aren't ready to lose you yet!
So praying that your treatments are vanquishing that cancer!
Don't miss our service on Sunday. Richard is blessing my darling Henry!
Love you! XOXOXOX
Bonnie said…
What a beautiful smile Cecelia. Your light shines very bright.

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed

Pulling a Jimmy Carter