One week in




Yes, it has been one full week since I signed up for Hospice. A lot of wonderful events filled that week. There is my assigned nurse with the perfect teeth, causing me to miss my own teeth even more. Well, that is being rectified soon, as I made my dental appointment last Friday. A wonderful treat as an impression was made for my new denture. That's just step one. The great delight of my first week was the bathing ladies two of them. Put me in the tub, they did and insisted that I had a bath. No, I screamed like the two-year-old I have become, I don't want to have a bath, but then it became so soothing and caring, that I half sobbed, I like it. The nurtured feeling the bath gave me lasted all day. I must pause here to mention the reclining chair which came the day after I signed on. The pain nulling medicine came near midnight on signing day. Because it is a narcotic my niece signed for it before going to bed. That settled the day, so I slept all night for the first time in months.

There is still some pain but not enough to trigger much complaining. Here is a bonus I did not see coming, so much so it surprised me. That bonus isa feeling I now have that a burden had been lifted. I was totally unaware that handling the constant pain was a burden, but it was, with the pain gone a new and exhilarating freedom enfolded my awareness. I am grateful.

An old timey picture of me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed

Pulling a Jimmy Carter