The Prophet Micah



 “The Prophet Micah” I was preparing a morning meal when I heard the words in my head. Whenever unexpected hints pop into my mind, I know enough to check it out. So I got out my bible and looked up the prophet’s writing. Sure enough it spoke of beating swords into plowshares, and spears into pruning hooks. It also said, and here I quote, “But everyone shall sit under his vine and under his fig tree.” (Micah 4:4)

This is where it gets interesting. In the background the television was tuned to all Pope all the time station. Sitting down to eat the meal I had prepared, I noticed the program was the prayer service at the 9:11 site. On the stage sat the Pope and almost every religion known to man. There was a Sheik, a Rabbi, an Imam, a Buddhist Priest, A Chinese lady, perhaps a Taoist, and several other I did not recognize, but represented a religion. 

The Rabbi and the Imam both rose and spoke at separate microphones. The Rabbi quoted from Micah the very passage I had just read about everyone sitting in peace with plenty. That is what I took the above quoted passage to mean. I say alright, what am I to do with this?

There are no coincident or accidents, and nothing happens without a true purpose. I used those same words yesterday when sitting in the doctor’s office.  I take the small incident I just told with the Rabbi and the voice to mean, peace is in the air. More and more humans are turning their attention to the workings of peace. I noticed that there was no news about the horrors in the Middle East, or even the tragic plight of those seeking asylum in Europe.

 I am grateful for the respite from news of the plagues humanity continues to create. I welcome the renewed emphasis of Brotherhood filling the airwaves and the internet.

Thank you Pope Francis for coming to America, we needed you here now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed