Pulling a Jimmy Carter

 


I am about to pull a Jimmy Carter. How you may ask. Here's how, I have just signed up for Hospice care. If you may recall the oldest living past President has been on Hospice since February 2023.

More than likely, I will do Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve and of course my birthday in February 2024.

The decision was a joyous one. For the past two or three months I have been uncomfortable with constant pain in various parts of my body. Palliative care now is much more preferable than the aggressive care I have been taking. I have become quite fund of the caregivers at the cancer clinic as well as the MRI clinic and will miss seeing them. However, it is time to say farewell to them.

I will have to find a way to have those wonderful chats with Miss Kat during my ride back and forth to my treatments.

Don't get me wrong the cancer drugs and the radiation treatment have decidedly slowed the progression of the cancer that has decided to cohabit the body in which I live.

That cancer had its part to play in the path my soul chose to travel in this incarnation, I am grateful for its service to the greater whole through me.

I will be documenting my trip with Hospice here so watch this space.

The photo is a recent selfie after I had my teeth pulled, please note a full denture will be here in a few weeks from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

What The MRI Revealed