ODESSEY (Part 1)




The very the beginning of this part of the odyssey happened in 2013 when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. The surgeon, Dr. Schertzerger, then removed half of my colon; said she had removed all of the cancer.  After a grueling course of chemotherapy all of it was gone, that was pronounced by the medical team who cared for me and measured my "levels" month after month, these levels showed no sign of any offence, I was on my merry way free from the offence. Then the following happened. 

 It was the usual Sunday Service at Unity North as I rose to do the Meditation when everyone in the congregation thought I was having a stroke. Anita and Sylvia rushed me to the Urgent Care afterwards; there they took one look at me and said this one belongs in emergency. There they threw up their hands and said call the neurosurgeon and book her a bed. The grand neurosurgeon, Dr. Benedict took scans, rushed me into surgery opened the right side of my scull and removed the offence. That offence was colon cancer cells the same form of cancer all evidence said was eliminated in 2014. Now it reappeared and was roving through my body as though it was its very own. Why was it in my brain causing me to slur my speech? In that moment no one knew for sure, but it was there, and the good neurosurgeon said he had removed it all. I stayed in the hospital for four days. The first marker that here is something I should pay attention to what happened the second night of my stay.

For reasons unbeknown to my soul I made the decision to leave this third dimensional plane. I got up from the bed and headed for the exit. The usual exit which before was an ordinary door transformed into a grilled gate leading to a grand castle behind a vast landscape with a huge lawn and trees. Standing in front of the gate was a guardian who said I may not pass. She was in the form of the day nurse but wearing a uniform with a distinctive insignia on a breast plate. She was carrying a staff akin to soldiers of old; she meant business there was no going through that gate. Quickly, I devised another plan, returning to the bed, I decide to crawl past the nurse's station which had transformed into a lobby with a receptionist desk with the nurse sitting behind the desk. Crawling on all fours I heard a loud chuckle "I see you, don't even try it." And in a very firm voice she said, "you may not pass." I knew then I had to stay.  My soul needs the vessel I am to complete the mission I incarnated to do. The following weeks gave ample confirmation of why that was. I am all in. Let me state clearly it was not a dream but a valid experience. My memory of what happened is clear and true. The confirmations are detailed in the next entry.

Comments

Vernelle said…
My dear, dear, Cecelia - You continue to be an amazing inspiration.
I love and admire you.
Your friend for life,
Vernelle
Tony Batman said…
I have so much love for your spirit. Thank you for telling this story.
I look forward to following your journey.
I was not in church the day they thought you had a stroke, so I read this with great interest.
I'm so glad your vessel is still with us.
We need you.
I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed