ODESSEY (Part 3 or Bits and Pieces of the Journey)

 



Many years ago, in the middle of my spiritual quest, more likely near the beginning; I was experiencing strange grotesque images in the hypnogogic state while falling asleep at night. The hypnogogic state is that space between being fully asleep and wakefulness. Usually, this state of consciousnesses is extremely swift. However, I tend to spend quite a bit of time there and sometimes have intense experiences leading to greater spiritual expansion for myself. Everyone passes through this space, often it is so swift it goes completely unnoticed. Night after night these grotesque images would come floating in and out of my vision from every direction, right to left, up to down and vice versa. I was not frightened by them but curious as to who and what these distorted figures were.

The images were so persistent and often I decided to take the matter into mediation and ask for their meaning. Over time the answer finally came.

They are your creation was the answer, and one that I did not want to hear. Expanding upon that rather cryptic answer came the following explanation and instruction.  Just as you are seeking your Creator your creations are seeking you. Therefore, you must own, acknowledge and embrace them. In other words, love and accept them into your energy field. How to love and accept them into my energy field was unclear to me, but I knew I had to do it somehow. I created a mantra I would say when the images appeared. I would say "I love you and I accept you." There were hundreds of them, so as I was falling asleep, I would murmur my mantra. This went on for quite some time maybe months and the images remained as ugly and grotesque as ever. Then one night they changed direction. Instead of floating or flying by from any direction they headed straight for my face. As the image touched my face it made a popping sound and disappeared. One by one they did this and night after night, I murmured my mantra. the entire process lasted several months. The images would pop into my face and disappear. 

One wondrous night upon falling into sleep the images filling my vision changed entirely. No longer were they distorted and grotesque, they became swirling patterns of lovely shapes, pleasant and soothing almost a visual lullaby dancing me into dreamless sleep. The ensuing expansiveness contained a sense of wholeness that was new and empowering. To this day I can feel the creations I absorbed during that episode of my ongoing expansion inside of me and everything I do.

I am truly Grateful.


Comments

Wow! What a magnificent overcoming.
I, too, used to be troubled by this and nightmares, so I trained myself to say, "This is a dream. Wake up!" I never thought to embrace them as you did, and literally faced them down!
Brava!

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed