Today's Adventure'

 


At about 10:am this morning, I called Uber and left the house for my daily bout of life with th world outside. The morning was cloudy, and the lowering clouds promised some rain. Our house is at the corner of two streets, which leaves the back of the house as an option for contact. The wonderful driver chose to take it. This means I had to traverse the uneven lawn as i peered out the front door for the car and saw him waiting for me at the back of our house. My trusty walking stick was up to the task, so we made it and I climb in the ample back seat of his SUV. Off went to the supermarket a mere few miles away.

 Having been home bound for the past few weeks, that in and of itself would be exciting enough, but no. I was a glutton for more.

To satisfy my need for a greater dose of adventure, I left the phone in the car and entered the market without it. This necessitated an encounter with busy but caring employees of the establishment. My adventure livened up when Miss Kelly entered the story. She produced another employee who was happy to allow me to use his phone, I called my wonderful niece, who called her even more wonderful daughter, who magically reached the driver, and my phone was returned about an hour later

For a recuperating person who rarely gets out of bed, that proved to be enough adventure for one day; so, I bought the items on my list and a few impulsive ones as well, called uber, returned home, ate and went to sleep.  Is it any wonder that when I awoke, I was a bit confused as to time of day. and wondered if I had slept yhrough the night.  

    Stay tuned as my glorious life continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed