Shrinking The Bubble

 


Yesterday, my bubble of anticipation shrank a wee bit. My ride arrived on time, then drove me and the niece to the dentist's office without incident. I almost bounded into the office greeting all I saw with my now familiar toothless smile. What I was there for was the teeth to change that condition. The wonderful assistant came to the door guarding the inner parts of the practice and invited me to come in. I fumbled for a minute but grabbed my walking stick and followed her in. Sit down she invited me, I gladly did so. She opened the case sitting on the attachment of the chair and pulled out the bottom teeth with the pink gums glistening under pearly white even teeth on top of them. Open, she encouraged, I obeyed, and she inserted the longed-for lower denture. She reached in the case again and extracted the upper denture which I had given them on my previous visit and inserted that in my mouth.

She then produced a small mirror held it up to my face and asked me to close my mouth and look into the mirror. Oh my! There they were a little uncomfortable but oh so beautiful. Indeed, I now had a mouth full of teeth, my joy was at the top of my mounting happiness. Then she pulled the plug. This is not for me to walk away with, but a try in. Only if all was in order and I was satisfied with the product could I have them.  Once all those conditions were met, they would be sent back to the lab to be set in permanent material. Then I would have them. Behind my eyes I felt tears, so strong was my sense of disappointment. My niece and I walked out of the office and headed for home. She spotted it first.

At the opposite end of the shopping center from the dentist's office was a small Jamaican restaurant. My niece made me walk there. We did, and I had some soft but tasty Jamaican food. Time for me to begin to grow my bubble of anticipation larger for my next visit to this dentist. New work for me to do.

Today is Tuesday, or a week after the top of this post was written. My anticipation bubble has not only grown but added gratitude as a large room inside of it.

Yesterday Jemille came for a visit. The gratitude room became a mansion right before my eyes. Love is now splashing all over my consciousness. So, all pervasive is this love, there is no room for any other thought or feeling. 

I am so very grateful for all the ups and downs that brought me to this place of contentment and JOY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respite

Pulling a Jimmy Carter

What The MRI Revealed